Keeping the best people in front of Oregon’s students
Oregon School Personnel Association (OSPA) is a membership organization that serves as a statewide hub for Oregon public school employees with personnel administration or related responsibilities. We create a strong network to amplify best practices, provide relevant training and help navigate the complexities of HR in the Oregon public education sector as a trusted resource.
Fall Regional Meeting Dates: Save the Date. The 2018 Fall Regional meetings will be held September 10-14, 2018 at the following sites. Site addresses and their links are available on OSPA's event calendar:
- September 10, 2018 Northwest Region, Northwest Regional ESD, Hillsboro
- September 11, 2018 West Region, Linn-Benton-Lincoln ESD, Albany
- September 12, 2018 East Region, Intermountain ESD, Pendleton
- September 13, 2018 Central Region, High Desert ESD, Redmond
- September 14, 2018 South Region, Central Point School District Administration Offices, Central Point
Meetings provide opportunities for networking with local HR personnel, district sharing, and updates from OSPA, TSPC and OSBA. Meeting time is 10:00 - 1:00 and lunch will be provided free of charge.
In-Field Learning Through OSPA Professional Development Events Course: Registration is open for Oregon School Personnel Association's In-Field Learning Course (OSPA). This is one of five courses in the Human Resources in Education Leadership Program (HrELP) designed to develop K-12 HR professionals in the area of communications, leadership and change management.
This full year educational experience (two consecutive semesters) features a variety of relevant state and federal laws and regulations updates, licensure information, legislative updates and deep dives into current HR practice.
Development events include:
- Fall Regional Meetings September 10-14. Attend the region meeting in your area.
- October 29, 2018 - Fall Workshop, Salem Convention Center + In-Field Learning break-out session
- February 2019 - Advanced HR Winter Retreat
- April 14-16, 2019 - OSPA Annual Spring Conference + In-Field Learning break-out session