Oregon School Personnel Association (OSPA) offers Human Resources in Education Leadership Program (HrELP), a robust, five-course program to develop K-12 HR professionals in the area of communications, leadership and change management.
Oregon Professional Human Capital Leaders in Education Certification* (pHCLE)
In conjunction with the American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA) and Battelle for Kids (BFK), Oregon School Personnel Association (OSPA) offers a highly recognized and regarded national HR certification program (pHCLE) with standards designed specifically for K-12 education.
The Professional Human Capital Leader in Education (pHCLE) certification program is rooted in new standards that human capital leaders should demonstrate mastery to:
- Develop comprehensive human capital management systems (HCMS)
- Manage key human capital decisions, in areas, such as workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, and professional development
- Balance strategic and transactional HR practices
- Build a cohesive HCMS through branding and communication
- Maximize the use of data for continuous improvement
- Implement the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and other state and federal policies impacting human capital in education
This certification demonstrates that individuals have a:
- High level of knowledge and skill in HR
- Mastery of essential HR practices as they pertain to K-12 education
- Commitment to professional standards
- Dedication to continued mastery of knowledge and skill through recertification
*Pre-requisites required: Registrants must be either currently enrolled in other current HrELP courses or be former HrELP graduates. HR professionals with 5 years or more K-12 educational HR experience may have this pre-requisite waved.
Cooperative college credit is available through PSU for all HrELP courses. For more information about registering for credit, visit: ospa.k12.or.us/psu-coopertive-credit