Comprehensive HR Courses and pHCLE Certification for Professionals Aspiring to Excel
Oregon School Personnel Association (OSPA) offers Human Resources in Education Leadership Program (HrELP), a robust, four-course program to develop K-12 HR professionals in the area of communications, leadership and change management.
Who Can Benefit?
Human capital/HR staff or professionals interested in pursuing a career path in HR
District and building leaders
Teachers and teacher leaders
Public, private, and charter school executives and department directors
State department of education and other education-related government employees
HrELP Course Overview
Oregon Laws & Requirements
Gain expertise on state laws and requirements that are fundamental to HR work in K-12 education. Class begins June 2019.
Strategic Staffing, Talent Management & Development
HR professionals in K-12 education are entrusted with an organization's most valuable asset - discover how to cultivate and invest in human capital. Registration coming summer.
Performance Excellence, Culture & Total Rewards
Continuous improvement is central to HR work in K-12 education. Learn how to build strong momentum towards excellence. Registration coming this summer.
In-Field Learning Through OSPA Professional Development Events
This full year educational experience (two consecutive semesters) features a variety of relevant state and federal laws and regulations updates, licensure information, legislative updates and deep dives into current HR practice. Register for this course.
Professional Development events include:
- September 10 - 14, 2018 - OSPA Fall Regional Meetings, 10:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- September 10, 2018 Northwest Region meeting, site TBA
- September 11, 2018 West Region meeting, Linn-Benton-Lincoln ESD, Albany
- September 12, 2018 East Region meeting, Intermountain ESD, Pendleton
- September 13, 2018 Central Region meeting, High Desert ESD, Redmond
- September 14, 2018 South Region meeting, site TBA
- October 29, 2018 - OSPA-TSPC-ODE Fall Workshop, Salem Convention Center
- February 2019 - Advanced HR Winter Retreat
- April 14 - 16, 2019 - OSPA Annual Spring Conference, Eagle Crest Resort
Professional Human Capital Leaders in Education Certification (pHCLE)
OSPA hosts a highly recognized and regarded national HR certification program (pHCLE) in conjunction with the American Association of School Personnel (AASPA) and Battelle for Kids (BFK) with standards designed specifically for K-12 education. Class begins June 2019.